NOTICE OF MEETING
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Glinton Parish Council to be held in the Village Hall on Tuesday 13th June, 2023 at 7.15pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
7th June, 2023
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and to address the parish council in the Open Forum item 3 on the agenda below.
The meeting will commence with the Chairman calling for a minutes silence in memory of Parish Councillor Gordon Wright who passed away on Monday 5th June
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
2. MEMBERS DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.
a. Councillors to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary interests not already registered or other Interest in any items on the agenda.
b. Consideration and granting of any dispensations submitted by members.
3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.
To allow up to 15 minutes for members of the public, and Councillors declaring a prejudicial interest, to address the meeting in relation to the business to be transacted at this meeting.
4. TO SIGN & APPROVE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 16th May 2023
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – (if any) (Information only).
6. PLANNING – To receive an update on the status of planning applications still not determined at the previous meeting, and, as statutory consultees, consider the following applications and any additional planning applications validated prior to the meeting and respond as appropriate to the planning authority.
a) To receive an update on current PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
b) 23/00578/HHFUL – 52 Helpston Road – Demolition of existing structures and outbuildings and erection of single storey detached annex.
c) 23/00504/HHFUL – 11 North Fen Road – Side and rear extension and replacement of roof.
d) 23/00694/CTR – Hortus 22 North Fen Road – Removal of 2no. willow trees in front driveway and cut back Bramley apple tree in rear garden.
7. COMMUNITY MATTERS –
a) Golden Orb celebrations – To receive an update on the financial outturn of the event and balances available for future events.
b) Future community events – To consider what future opportunities may arise
c) Ashburn Close Play Area – To note latest response from Peterborough City Council (if any).
d) Defibrillators – To consider next steps in acquiring and installing two defibrillators as indicated at the meeting on 18th April 2023 April – Aidan Patrick Fogarty Grant of £6000 has been paid into the parish council bank account and is earmarked for the purpose.
e) Gas Compressor Station – to receive a report on the visit to the compressor station and consider any further actions arising from that visit.
f) Biodiversity issues – Cllr Staines to report
a) Nature Recovery Project(s) signage – To receive an update report (AWA have agreed to provide the signage.)
g) Village Hall Working Party – update from Cllr. Kirt
h) Winter Warm Hubs – To receive an update from Cllr. Bysshe
i) Community engagement – To receive an update report from Cllr. Jackson on parish council Facebook page.
8. REPORTS – Standing item – To note the reports of Councillors and/or clerk attending meetings as representatives of the Parish Council (if any).
a. Patient Participation Group 6th June – Cllr Staines to report
9. GOVERNANCE MATTERS
i) GORDON WRIGHT – Subject to family wishes – to determine funeral attendance and Parish Council tribute
ii) INTERNAL AUDIT
(1) to note the report of the Internal Auditor & to approve the payment of the audit fee
(2) to consider the appointment of internal auditor for 2023/24 financial year
iii) Accounting statement in Annual Governance & accountability Return (page of 5 of 6).
iv) Roll of Freedoms of the Parish – To receive an update on quotations received
10. OFFICIAL NOTICES AND CORRESPONDENCE (If any received prior to the meeting) –
11. HIGHWAYS – Parish councillors Observations.
12. Future Agenda items – to consider possible additions to the list – NOT for consideration at this meeting
i Grant funding – recruiting a fund raiser (after golden Orb)
ii report of working party on Village Sign Replacement.
iii Signage – Plaques, information boards and Village Pump.
iv Bonfire night event – 2023 (for consideration later in year)
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING TUESDAY 18TH JULY 2023 – CONSIDER MOVING TO TUESDAY 25TH JULY ( allows more time for the Clerk to put together an appropriate agenda AND as there is no scheduled meeting in August, the later date decreases the likelihood of needing to call an August meeting to consider late planning applications)