Documents

Agenda 18th October 2022

AgendasNext or most recent Agenda Uploaded on October 12, 2022

Mike Horne from Langdyke Trust /PECT has agreed to be present at the start of the meeting to provide guidance and assistance on the next steps required for the nature recovery project on the A15 Triangle on the southern entrance to the village. His presence will be invaluable in helping to formulate suitable budgetary provision for the project to be included in next year’s budget and precept (Agenda item 7e)

AGENDA

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

2. MEMBERS DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
a. Councillors to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary interests not already registered or other Interest in any items on the agenda.

b. Consideration and granting of any dispensations submitted by members.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
To allow up to 15 minutes for members of the public, and Councillors declaring a prejudicial interest, to address the meeting in relation to the business to be transacted at this meeting.
4. TO SIGN & APPROVE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 27th September, 2022

5. MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – (if any) (Information only)

6. PLANNING – To receive an update on the status of planning applications still not determined at the previous meeting, and, as statutory consultees, consider the following applications and other planning applications validated since the last meeting and respond as appropriate to the planning authority.

a) To receive an update on current PLANNING APPLICATIONS.

b) 22/01332/DISCHG – 8 Peakirk Road – Discharge of condition C2 (external materials detail) of planning permission 22/00493/HHFUL. (note Parish council are not consulted on applications with the suffix DISCHG)

c) 22/01389/CTR – Mouse Cottage, 1 North Fen Road – Remove Scots Pine and Mulberry from Front Garden

7. COMMUNITY MATTERS –

a) Fireworks – to consider reminding residents of Thatched properties in the village and a request to avoid aerial fireworks

b) Ashburn Close Play Area – Awaiting response on parish council offer to take ownership.

c) Climate Change Emergency –
a) To receive an update on progress since the last meeting. Cllr Kirt to report.
b) waterworks lane initiative – Ideas to progress with Anglian Water and National Grid.

d) Speedwatch – Cllr. Randall to report on recent exercises within the village.

e) Nature Recovery Project(s) – To consider further action required in preparation for Spring 2023

f) WI – Queens Green Canopy participation – request permission to plant a tree in Playing field as their contribution to the project

g) Remembrance Day commemoration – to give retrospective approval to the purchase, by the Clerk, of a wreath from Royal British Legion (Medium Poppy Wreath | Buy a Poppy | Poppy Shop UK and confirm arrangements.

8. REPORTS – Standing item – To note the reports of Councillors and/or clerk attending meetings as representatives of the Parish Council (if any).

9. GOVERNANCE MATTERS

a) CODE OF CONDUCT – To note that the existing Code of Conduct was adopted in 2018 and is out of date in light of the report made by the committee on Standards in Public life on Local Government Ethical Standards. Clerk to report and recommends: –
i. Adoption of the Local Government Association (LGA) revised Code of Conduct.
ii. Adoption of a separate policy on Gifts and Hospitality, based on that of the City Council tailored to Glinton PC and applicable to officers as well as members.

b) COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT – To consider the benefits of a facebook page in promoting wider community engagement and if approved to then approve the draft policy and agree the type of controls to be applied along with designating an administrator or administrators. Cllrs Jackson & Singh to report

c) BUDGETARY CONTROL REPORT – Clerk to report (report to follow)

d) BUDGET STRATEGY – To agree basic parameters in drafting the budget for 2023/24 as guidance to the Clerk and the Finance working group

e) COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY (CIL) – To consider appropriate use of CIL monies if not already decided by previous agenda items.

f) TREE SAFETY REPORT – consideration of tenders received to carry out the work detailed in the report – (Note depending on the information received before the meeting it may be necessary to exclude the press and public – The clerk will advise accordingly)

g) OPERATION GOLDEN ORB – To consider
i) inviting resident participation in joining the working party to make suitable preparations to celebrate the coronation of King Charles III.
ii) Approve an interim budget for 2022/23 pending consideration of the 2023/24 Budget

10. OFFICIAL NOTICES AND CORRESPONDENCE (If any received prior to the meeting) –

11. HIGHWAYS –
a) Parish councillors Observations

12. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS –
a) report of working party on Village Sign Replacement (November meeting)

13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – next scheduled meeting Tuesday 15th November 2022

Original signed
J Haste 12th October, 2022
Supporting Papers (Cllr’s and available on website or on request, unless exempt):