Documents

Agenda Annual Parish Council meeting 21st May 2024

AgendasNext or most recent Agenda Uploaded on May 15, 2024

NOTICE OF MEETING

All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Glinton Parish Council to be held in the Village Hall on Tuesday 21st May, 2024 at 7.15pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.

Clerk
J Haste 15th May, 2024

Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and to address the parish council in the Open Forum item 6 on the agenda below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR 7.00 PM AND THIS MEETING WILL FOLLOW ON FROM THE CONCLUSION OF THAT MEETING

AGENDA

1. TO ELECT A CHAIRMAN FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL.

2. TO RECEIVE THE CHAIRMAN’S DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE OR, IF NOT THEN RECEIVED, TO DECIDE WHEN IT SHALL BE RECEIVED.

3. TO ELECT A VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL.

4. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.

5. MEMBERS DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.
a. Councillors to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary interests not already registered or other Interest in any items on the agenda.

b. Consideration and granting of any dispensations submitted by members.

6. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.
To allow up to 15 minutes for members of the public, and Councillors declaring a prejudicial interest, to address the meeting in relation to the business to be transacted at this meeting.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE MEETING OR ADDRESS THE PARISH COUNCIL ARE ADVISED TO NOTIFY THE CLERK IN
ADVANCE (Preferably before mid -day of the day of the meeting) in order that appropriate facilities are made available: Parish council is restricted by law to discussion of matters on a published agenda therefore Public participation is limited to items that appear on the agenda OR to request an
item for a future agenda; public participation shall be limited to 15 minutes with each person speaking for no longer than 5 minutes
PARISH COUNCIL MEETI NGS ARE NOT PUBLIC MEETINGS THEY ARE MEETINGS HELD IN PUBLIC – PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS RESTRICTED TO THE
PUBLIC FORUM UNLESS PERMITTED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CHAIRMAN

7. TO SIGN & APPROVE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 16th April 2024

8. MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – (if any) (Information only).

9. RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN and MEMBERS TO WORKING GROUPS: current / previous membership in brackets for guidance only

a. Finance Working Group. (previously Cllrs. Kirt (Chairman), Jackson, Lane, Randall)
b. HR Working Group (previously Cllrs Lane (Chairman), Mrs Bysshe, & Kirt)
c. Climate Change Group (previously Cllr. Kirt (Chairman), Aylesbury, Staines Bysshe, Jackson)

REVIEW OF REPRESENTATION ON OR WORK WITH EXTERNAL BODIES AND ARRANGEMENTS
FOR REPORTING BACK: current / previous membership in brackets for guidance only
a. Representatives on the AMVC Liaison Committee. (Cllrs Batty, Randall & Lane)
b. Representative on CAPALC (Cllr. Batty)
c. Representatives on the Parish Council’s Liaison Committee. (Clerk & Cllrs Batty & Randall).
d. Representatives on the Clare Lodge Committee. (Cllrs Aylesbury, Bysshe & Randall)
e. Representative on the Northern Footpath Forum. (Cllr. Mrs Bysshe & Staines)
f. Representative on the Neighbourhood Planning Group. (Cllrs Kirt, Randall, Staines Aylesbury &
Joshi-Boparai)
g. Representation on Glinton Community Association (Cllr. D Lane)
h. Representation on Rural NW Good Neighbours Scheme (Cllr. Mrs Bysshe)
i. Representation on Patient Participation Group – (A. Staines)

10. REVIEW & CONFIRMATION OF POLICIES & PROCESSES

i. STANDING ORDERS.
ii. FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
iii. INTERNET BANKING PROCESS.
iv. CODE OF CONDUCT
v. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

11. PLANNING.

a. To receive an update on the status of planning applications still not determined at the previous meeting

b. as Statutory Consultees, consider the following applications and other planning applications validated since the last meeting and respond as appropriate to the planning authority.

i 24/00483/OUT – Land South Of Peakirk Road – Outline permission for up to 250 dwellings, with public open space, landscaping, sustainable drainage system and vehicular access point with access secured and all other matters reserved
(appearance, landscaping, layout and scale).

ii 24/00656/CTR – 8 High Street – Fell highlighted tree on plan.

iii 24/00628/HHFUL & 24/00629/LBC Manor House cottages, 29-31 High Street – The amalgamation of two properties into one, including associated internal and external alterations, repairs and restoration. Replacement roof covering, replacement garage/workshop, replacement glazed porch structure and glazed extension

c) Neighbourhood Planning – To consider next steps in light of positive consultation exercise.

12. COMMUNITY MATTERS –

a. Anglian Water Pipeline Construction – to receive an update on progress and consider the complaints of Holmes Road residents regarding Night time working, noise and Lighting.

b. National Gas – noise testing – To note that NG were invited to attend regarding the noise testing results – to note that NG tests were incomplete and NG have requested this be deferred to the June meeting.

c. GlintonFest incorporating D-Day commemoration – Chairman to report on any further progress by the events group.

d. Ashburn Close Play Area – To receive an update on progress on transfer of title to the parish council.

e. Anti-social behaviour – To consider a catalogue of events including youths on the Primary School roof, Wing mirrors vandalised, theft and recovery of childs scooter, Lawn cemetery vandalism& Drug abuse, threatening behaviour towards parish councillors

f. Biodiversity issues – Cllr Staines to report – Nature Recovery Project(s) signage – To receive an update report.

g. Climate Change – Action Group – Chairman to provide an update (if any).

h. Glinton PC Future Engagement with Peakirk PC – to report on recent contact and progress (if any)

i. Deepings Practice – To consider the feedback from the public meeting held Friday 10th May. – item requested by Cllr. Randall

j. Community engagement – To receive an update report from Cllr. Jackson on parish council Facebook page.

k. Village Hall – to consider next steps in light of consultation exercise.

14. REPORTS – Standing item – To note the reports of Councillors and/or clerk attending meetings as representatives of the Parish Council (if any).

15. GOVERNANCE MATTERS
a) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS & ANNUAL RETURN FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2024 – (All papers to follow subject to availability) (Clerk & RFO to report)

i Annual Accounts (subject to audit).

ii Internal Audit
(1) to note the report of the Internal Auditor (if received)
(2) to approve the payment of the audit fee estimated to be £175
(3) to consider the appointment of internal auditor for 2024/25 financial year

iii Accounting statement in Annual Governance & accountability Return (page of 5 of 6) (Defer to June if Internal Audit report not received

iv Public Rights of Inspection – to note the dates set by the clerk for the period of exercise of public rights: Monday 10th June to Friday 19th July

b) REVIEW OF PARISH COUNCIL AND CLERK’S MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTIONS TO OTHER
BODIES- To confirm continued subscription to each body if considered appropriate to do so.

i CAPALC (£544.09 – (previously £494.04)
ii CPRE Campaign for the protection of rural England -(£36 no increase)
iii Cambridgeshire ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England)
iv SLCC- Society of Local Council Clerks (shared with Castor PC) –. Glinton Share £130.53 (£137.46 share in 2023))
v PSMA Public Sector Mapping Agreement (est £80) – use of Ordnance Survey maps and public sector overlays where available.
vi Good Neighbour scheme – associate annual membership fee unknown at present Currently separately externally grant funded

16. OFFICIAL NOTICES AND CORRESPONDENCE (If any received prior to the meeting) –

17. HIGHWAYS – Parish councillors Observations.

18. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS –

i Annual Internal Audit Report – to receive and note the content of the report of the internal auditor (if Not received before This meeting).
ii Accounting Statement 2022/23 – to receive and approve the accounting Statement. (Page 5 of the AGAR. – Note this item should be deferred to the June meeting if the internal audit report (i above) is not available for this meeting.
iii Grant funding – recruiting a fund raiser (after GlintonFest)
iv Signage – Plaques, information boards and Village Pump.

19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING TUESDAY 18TH JUNE, 2024.

Original signed
J Haste 15th May, 2024
Supporting Papers (Cllr’s and available on website or on request, unless exempt):
Distribution: All Councillors; Website and/or Notice Boards; Cllr P Hiller & Cllr. Neil Boyce (Ward Councillor).