1. TO ELECT A CHAIRMAN FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL.
2. TO RECEIVE THE CHAIRMAN’S DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE OR, IF NOT THEN RECEIVED, TO DECIDE WHEN IT SHALL BE RECEIVED.
3. TO RECEIVE THE ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE FORMS FROM ALL COUNCILLORS ELECTED IN THE UNCONTESTED ELECTION (to be signed in the presence of the Clerk to the parish council)
4. TO ELECT A VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL.
5. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
6. MEMBERS DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.
a. Councillors to declare any personal interest in any items on the agenda
b. Councillors to declare any personal and/or prejudicial interest in any items on the agenda and to inform the Chairman if they wish to speak on the matter during public participation
7. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.
8. TO SIGN & APPROVE MINUTES OF MEETING DATED 19th April, 2022
9. MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES (for information only).
10. RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN and MEMBERS TO WORKING GROUPS:
a. Planning Working Group (previously Cllrs. Johnson (Chairman), Batty, Kirt, Lane, & Spendelow
b. Finance Working Group.(previously Cllrs. Holdich (Chairman), Lane, Randall, Skinner & Spendelow)
c. HR Working Group (previously Cllrs Lane (Chairman), Mrs Bysshe, Kirt & Skinner)
If still required the following:
d. Task & finish group on New Village Hall (Cllrs Batty, Holdich, Kirt, Randall, Wilde & the clerk)( and to approve delegated powers to co-opt from GCA, village hall users and residents if appropriate)
11. REVIEW OF REPRESENTATION ON OR WORK WITH EXTERNAL BODIES AND ARRANGEMENTS FOR REPORTING BACK: (Previous representation in Brackets
a. Representatives on the AMVC Liaison Committee.(Cllrs Batty, Randall & Spendelow)
b. Representative on CAPALC (Cllr. Batty)
c. Representatives on the Parish Council’s Liaison Committee. (Clerk & Cllrs Batty & Randall).
d. Representatives on the Clare Lodge Committee. (Cllrs Bysshe & Randall)
e. Representative on the Northern Footpath Forum. (Cllr. Mrs Bysshe)
f. Representative on the Neighbourhood Planning Group. (Cllrs Mrs Bysshe, Johnson, Kirt, Randall)
g. Representative on Rural NW Good Neighbours scheme
h. Representative(s) on Kisimul Liaison group
i. Representative(s) on Climate Change Action Group
12. CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY FOR, AND CONSIDER ADOPTION OF, A GENERAL POWER OF COMPETENCE
13. REVIEW & CONFIRMATION OF POLICIES & PROCESSES
a) STANDING ORDERS.
b) FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
c) INTERNET BANKING PROCESS.
d) CODE OF CONDUCT – note – failure to adopt a code of conduct within 6 months of an election triggers automatic adoption of the Statutory Code
e) COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
F) REGISTER OF INTEREST – Every member, elected or co-opted, is legally obliged to complete a register of interest within 28 days of being elected or co-opted – A paper copy is to be held by the Clerk and will be mailed to the monitoring Officer Peterborough City Council.
14. PLANNING MATTERS
a. STATUS REPORT on existing, undecided, Planning Applications and changes since last reported
b. 22/00493/HHFUL – 8 Peakirk Road – Proposed minor internal works, Replacement Porch, Replacement windows and Timber frame extension to form 2No garages and Sunroom.
c. 22/00520/FUL – Arthur Mellows Village College, Helpston Road – Erection of a single storey detached building for educational use and construction of thirty-four space car park and associated external works.
15. COMMUNITY MATTERS
a) Playing Field Swings – to consider an update report on progress since last meeting
b) Suggestions from Residents
(1) Ashburn Close Play area
(2) Outdoor Gym equipment
16. GOVERNANCE MATTERS
a. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS & ANNUAL RETURN FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2022
a) Annual Accounts (Subject to audit)
b) Accounting statement in Annual Governance & accountability Return (page of 5 of 6)
c) INTERNAL AUDIT
(1) to note the report of the Internal Auditor (if received)
(2) to approve the payment of the audit fee estimated to be £175
(3) to consider the appointment of internal auditor for 2022/23 financial year
d) EXTERNAL AUDIT OF 2021/22 ANNUAL RETURN – to note the dates set by the clerk for the period of exercise of public rights: Monday 13th June to Friday 22nd July
b. REVIEW OF PARISH COUNCIL AND CLERK’S MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTIONS TO OTHER BODIES- To confirm continued subscription to each body if considered appropriate to do so
a) CAPALC (£494.04 – previous year 498.78 (previously £481.88)
b) CPRE Campaign for the protection of rural England -(£36 no increase)
c) SLCC- Society of Local Council Clerks (shared with Castor PC – est £150 (£125 share in 2020/21))
d) PSMA Public Sector Mapping Agreement (est £80) – use of Ordnance Survey maps and public sector overlays where available.
e) Good Neighbour scheme – associate annual membership fee £703 (previously £1402)
c. ELECTION – RESULT OF UNCONTESTED ELECTION – CO-OPTIONS TO PARISH COUNCIL VACANCIES –
a) To express appreciation of over 170 years combined service of four councillors who had not stood for re-election.
b) To consider process and actions to be taken to fill the vacancies by co-option.
d. OTHER GOVERNANCE MATTERS
(1) Insurance renewal – To consider the insurance renewal (£1818.95, previously £1433.56) due on 1st June and to authorise the clerk to accept the quotation
(2) To consider the option of entering in to a Long Term Agreement (LTA) at £1818.95 for each of the three years in the LTA.
17. STANDING ITEM – REPORTS FROM THE CLERK AND COUNCILLORS ON ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS OR EVENTS ON BEHALF OF, OR AFFECTING THE PARISH COUNCIL
a. Parish Council Liaison committee – Clerk to report
To note observations by councillors.
19. SETTING THE DATES, TIMES AND PLACE OF ORDINARY MEETINGS OF THE FULL COUNCIL FOR THE YEAR AHEAD (suggested dates below)
20. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
a. Consideration of Clerks Salary and implementation in full of the NALC Pay Award back dated to 1st April 2021
b. Other HR related matters
21. RE-ADMITTANCE OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
22. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – TUESDAY 21ST JUNE, 2021 AT 7.15PM IN THE VILLAGE HALL.
FUTURE MEETING DATES : 2022 – 19th July, (16th August if required), 20th Sept, 18th Oct, 15th Nov, 20th Dec
2023 – 17th Jan, 21st Feb, 21st Mar, 18th Apr, 16th May (Annual Parish council)
J Haste, Clerk/Proper Officer, 11th May 2020