NOTICE OF MEETING
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Glinton Parish Council to be held in the Village Hall on Tuesday 16th May, 2023 at 7.15pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
J Haste 11th May, 2023
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and to address the parish council in the Open Forum item 3 on the agenda below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR 7.00 PM AND THIS MEETING WILL FOLLOW ON FROM THE CONCLUSION OF THAT MEETING
1. TO ELECT A CHAIRMAN FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL.
2. TO RECEIVE THE CHAIRMAN’S DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE OR, IF NOT THEN RECEIVED, TO DECIDE WHEN IT SHALL BE RECEIVED.
3. TO ELECT A VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE PARISH COUNCIL.
4. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.
5. MEMBERS DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.
a. Councillors to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary interests not already registered or other Interest in any items on the agenda.
b. Consideration and granting of any dispensations submitted by members.
6. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.
To allow up to 15 minutes for members of the public, and Councillors declaring a prejudicial interest, to address the meeting in relation to the business to be transacted at this meeting.
7. TO SIGN & APPROVE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 18th April 2023.
8. MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – (if any) (Information only).
9. RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN and MEMBERS TO WORKING GROUPS:
a. Finance Working Group. (previously Cllrs. Kirt (Chairman), Jackson, Lane, Randall)
b. HR Working Group (previously Cllrs Lane (Chairman), Mrs Bysshe, & Kirt)
c. Climate Change Group (previously Cllr. Kirt (Chairman), Aylesbury, Staines Bysshe, Jackson & Wright
10. REVIEW OF REPRESENTATION ON OR WORK WITH EXTERNAL BODIES AND ARRANGEMENTS FOR REPORTING BACK: (Previous representation in Brackets
a. Representatives on the AMVC Liaison Committee. (Cllrs Batty, Randall & Lane)
b. Representative on CAPALC (Cllr. Batty)
c. Representatives on the Parish Council’s Liaison Committee. (Clerk & Cllrs Batty & Randall).
d. Representatives on the Clare Lodge Committee. (Cllrs Aylesbury, Bysshe & Randall)
e. Representative on the Northern Footpath Forum. (Cllr. Mrs Bysshe & Staines)
f. Representative on the Neighbourhood Planning Group. (Cllrs Kirt, Randall, Staines Aylesbury & Joshi-Boparai
g. Representation on Glinton Community Association (Cllr. D Lane)
h. Representation on Rural NW Good Neighbours Scheme Cllr. Mrs Bysshe
i. Representation on Patient Participation Group
11. REVIEW & CONFIRMATION OF POLICIES & PROCESSES
i. STANDING ORDERS.
ii. FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
iii. INTERNET BANKING PROCESS.
iv. CODE OF CONDUCT
v. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
12. PLANNING – To receive an update on the status of planning applications still not determined at the previous meeting, and, as statutory consultees, consider the following applications and other planning applications validated since the last meeting and respond as appropriate to the planning authority.
a) To receive an update on current PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
b) 23/00391/HHFUL & 23/00390/LBC – 23 High Street – Outbuilding, garage/carport and room in roof space – with roof slope mounted photovoltaic panels and removal of remaining walls of collapsed garage and alterations to from new opening in stone garden wall with metal gate. Increase width of existing opening in stone garden wall with metal gate. New stone piers to existing opening in stone boundary wall and replacement entrance gates
13. COMMUNITY MATTERS –
a) Golden Orb celebrations – To consider feedback and lessons learnt.
b) Future community events – To consider what future opportunities may arise
c) Ashburn Close Play Area – To note latest response from Peterborough City Council (if any).
d) Defibrillators – Clerk to report progress of request for funding
e) Gas Compressor Station – to note arrangement to visit site on Friday 19th May at 2pm
f) Biodiversity issues – Cllr Staines to report
a) Nature Recovery Project(s) signage – To receive an update report
g) Winter Warm Hubs – To receive an update report on scheme and change in emphasis to Warm Welcome
h) Community engagement – To receive an update report from Cllr. Jackson on parish council Facebook page.
14. REPORTS – Standing item – To note the reports of Councillors and/or clerk attending meetings as representatives of the Parish Council (if any).
15. GOVERNANCE MATTERS
a) FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS & ANNUAL RETURN FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2022
i) Annual Accounts (subject to audit).
ii) INTERNAL AUDIT
(1) to note the report of the Internal Auditor (if received)
(2) to approve the payment of the audit fee estimated to be £175
(3) to consider the appointment of internal auditor for 2023/24 financial year
iii) Accounting statement in Annual Governance & accountability Return (page of 5 of 6) (Defer to June if Internal Audit report not received
iv) PUBLIC RIGHTS OF INSPECTION – to note the dates set by the clerk for the period of exercise of public rights: Monday 5th June to Friday 14th July (Note absence of the Clerk for part of this time)
b) BANKING – Transfer of monies to from Unity Trust Bank to Metro Bank 95 Day notice account
To consider amount to be transferred
c) Roll of Freedoms of the Parish – To determine style and Location (village Hall ?)
d) REVIEW OF PARISH COUNCIL AND CLERK’S MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTIONS TO OTHER BODIES- To confirm continued subscription to each body if considered appropriate to do so
i) CAPALC (£494.04 – previous year 498.78 (previously £481.88)
ii) CPRE Campaign for the protection of rural England -(£36 no increase)
iii) Cambridgeshire ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England)
iv) SLCC- Society of Local Council Clerks (shared with Castor PC – est. £140 in March 2024 (£137.46 share in 2023))
v) PSMA Public Sector Mapping Agreement (est £80) – use of Ordnance Survey maps and public sector overlays where available.
vi) Good Neighbour scheme – associate annual membership fee £ unknown at present (previously £703)
16. OFFICIAL NOTICES AND CORRESPONDENCE (If any received prior to the meeting) –
17. HIGHWAYS – Parish councillors Observations.
18. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS –
i Annual Internal Audit Report – to receive and note the content of the report of the internal auditor (if Not received before This meeting).
ii Accounting Statement 2022/23 – to receive and approve the accounting Statement. (Page 5 of the AGAR. – Note this item should be deferred to the June meeting if the internal audit report (ii above) is not available for this meeting.
iii Grant funding – recruiting a fund raiser (after golden Orb)
iv report of working party on Village Sign Replacement.
v Signage – Plaques, information boards and Village Pump.
vi Bonfire night event – 2023 (for consideration later in year)
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING TUESDAY 20TH JUNE, 2023.
NOTE CLERK WILL BE ABSENT ON THAT DATE (ALTERNATIVE DATE 13TH JUNE?)
J Haste 11th May, 2023