GLINTON PARISH COUNCIL
Chairman: Cllr John F W Holdich OBE
Clerk: Mr J Haste, 5 St Benedicts Close, Glinton, PETERBOROUGH, PE6 7LJ
( (P) 01733 252833 – (M) 07711070386
NOTICE OF MEETING
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend a REMOTE meeting of Glinton Parish Council on the Zoom Platform to be held on Tuesday 20th October, 2020 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and to address the parish council in the Open Forum item 3 on the agenda below. Anyone wishing to do are advised to contact the clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN MID DAY ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING to ensure that they are able to access the meeting.
Members of the public are also advised to provide written submissions of any questions or comments on matters on the agenda. This is to insure that those comments are considered by councillors in the event that the member of the public has difficulty in accessing the meeting.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- MEMBERS DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
- Councillors to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary interests not already registered or other Interest in any items on the agenda.
- Consideration and granting of any dispensations submitted by members.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
To allow up to 15 minutes for members of the public and Councillors declaring a prejudicial interest to address the meeting in relation to the business to be transacted at this meeting.
- Mrs Watts has given notice of her wish to speak on item 7b – placement of memorial bench
- Mr Pepper has indicated availability to speak on item 7d
- TO SIGN & APPROVE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING held on 15th
- MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – (if any)(Information only)
- PLANNING – To receiver an update on the status of planning applications still not determined at the previous meeting and, as statutory consultees, consider the following applications and other planning applications validated since the last meeting and respond as appropriate to the planning authority
- To receive an update on current planning applications
- 20/01335/CTR – Hortus, 22 North Fen Road – Pollard Willow (1) & Thin Willow (2), Apple tree crown reduction by 2m (3,4,5), Beech tree reduce and crown (6,7,8) and Quince tree crown reduce (9).
- 20/01250/CTR – 20 High Street – Apple tree in back garden prune back to symmetrical frame to appropriate pruning points max reduction 2m.
- 20/01325/LBC – Red House 12 Rectory Lane – Replace three first floor windows to the front and one first floor window to the south facing side.
- COMMUNITY MATTERS
- Proposed Wildlife Recovery project – To consider the further email from by Judy Staines and to note the coordinated approach by parishes seeking to influence the verge management strategy of Peterborough City Council (letter to Cllr. Cereste 13th October).
- Placement of Memorial Bench – To consider the objections of Mrs Watts to the placement at the junction of Welmore Road & The Willows and her alternative suggestion of Clarendon Way play area.
- Community Centre Working Group (formerly New Village Hall WG) Bell to report.
- Outcome of the survey to gauge the level of support for a new community centre to be built on the Playing Field.
- To consider a project overview and agree a budget for the initiation of a feasibility report setting out the initial stages of the project.
- To approve the appointment of Abbie Smith LGSS Law to prepare the parish council to establish absolute title to the playing field.
- Duke of Edinburgh awards – Collaboration with AMVC to provide opportunities for participants to be engaged in activities within the community – Mr Pepper deputy D of E co-ordinator to address the meeting.
- Armistice day – to consider format of the act of remembrance and authorise the purchase of a wreath
- Village Christmas Tree to consider the format of the switch on (if any) and to authorise the purchase of a tree to the usual specification.
- REPORTS – STANDING ITEM – To note the reports of Councillors and/or clerk attending meetings as representatives of the Parish Council (if any).
- Governance matters
- Website accessibility regulations – to consider how best to comply with the accessibility regulations which came in to force 0n 23rd To agree a process for upgrading or replacing the current website.
- Youth Club Funds – To consider the request for the balance of funds (held in a personal account) to be transferred to the parish council to be held as an earmarked reserve for youth facilities – Cllr. Batty to report
- Official Notices and correspondence – if any to report
- HIGHWAYS –
- School run congestion – A follow on discussion from the previous meeting. Consideration of seeking, and funding, enforcement action.
- Beech Road Play area and vehicle parking – to consider observations of parish councillors.
- Parish councillors Other Observations (if any).
DATE OF NEXT MEETING – next scheduled meeting would ordinarily be held on third Tuesday in September (November 19th) – To be confirmed (Consideration of December date 17th December?).
- Matters to be held over to future meetings – These have been brought forward from previous meeting – consideration needs to be given whether to carry each one forward or to delete from the list.
- 75th VE DAY 2020 CELEBRATION & RELATED MATTERS
- Update on acquisition and planting of commemorative Oak tree on the playing field.
- Dedication of the new war grave and WWII bench – to consider the means of progressing the detailed arrangements with the Rector. Cllr. Randall to report
- Sgt Walker’s Headstone – Protection against strimmer Damage
J Haste 15th October, 2020
Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer