Documents

Agenda Tuesday 19th December 2023

Agendas Uploaded on December 14, 2023

NOTICE OF MEETING

All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Glinton Parish Council to be held in the Village Hall on Tuesday 19th December, 2023 at 7.15pm for the purpose of transacting the following business.

14th December, 2023

Members of the public and press are welcome to attend the meeting and to address the parish council in the Open Forum item 3 on the agenda below.

AGENDA
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.

2. MEMBERS DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.
a. Councillors to declare any Disclosable Pecuniary interests not already registered or other Interest in any items on the agenda.
b. Consideration and granting of any application for dispensation submitted by members.

3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION.
To allow up to 15 minutes for members of the public, and Councillors declaring a prejudicial interest, to address the meeting in relation to the business to be transacted at this meeting.

4. TO SIGN & APPROVE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS held on 21st November 2023

5. MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – (if any) (Information only).

6. PLANNING – To receive an update on the status of planning applications still not determined at the previous meeting, and, as statutory consultees, consider the following applications and any additional planning applications validated prior to the meeting and respond as appropriate to the planning authority.

a) To receive an update on current PLANNING APPLICATIONS.

b) Peterborough Local Plan review – Strategic Housing and Economic Land Availability
Assessment (SHELAA) – To consider how to respond by the deadline of 5th January

c) Planning applications submitted since the last meeting of Parish Council
a NOTE – at the time of drafting this agenda, no new applications were reported on the city Council website

d) Neighbourhood Planning – to consider progress on the review of the existing NP

7. COMMUNITY MATTERS –

a) Events – Chairman to report on any further progress by the events group
i. D-Day 80 – 1st June 2024 Glinton event, as part of commemoration events

b) Ashburn Close Play Area – To note latest responses from Peterborough City Council officers and Ward Councillors.

c) Playing field
i. prevention of Strimmer Damage to trees and play equipment – Cllr. Randall to provide update on availability of the necessary material.

d) Climate Change – Action Group Chairman to report.

e) Rural Policing – To consider a proposed initiative of community engagement by quarterly “surgeries” and request to be hosted by the parish councils.

f) Biodiversity – Nature Recovery Project(s) signage – To receive an update from Cllr. Staines

g) Village Hall Working Party – update from working party considering options provided by Peter Smith associates _Chairman to report

h) Kisimul – update (If any) – chairman to report

i) Community engagement – To receive an update report from Cllr. Jackson on parish council Facebook page.

j) “Village Tribune” – to note the proposed charge for 2024 subscription and to confirm continued support.

k) Defibrillator Training – to note proposed dates and agree scope and publicity of the training

8. REPORTS – Standing item – To note the reports of Councillors and/or clerk attending meetings as representatives of the Parish Council (if any).

9. GOVERNANCE MATTERS

i) Roll of Freedoms of the Parish – To note the manufacturer estimates delivery in the first two weeks of January.

ii) Finance working Group report and recommendations:
a) Review of Cemetery Charges effective 1st April 2024
b) Budgetary control report as at 4th December 2023
c) Draft Budget 2024/25 including Precept recommendation
d) Confirmation of implementation of the National Pay agreement backdated to 1st April 2023

10. OFFICIAL NOTICES AND CORRESPONDENCE – to Note (If any received prior to the meeting).

11. HIGHWAYS – Parish councillors Observations.

12. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS – to consider possible additions to the list – NOT for consideration at this meeting

i School Run” Parking issues – Rebecca Presland of Peterborough City Council invited to attend
ii Signage – Plaques, information boards and Village Pump.
iii Grant funding – recruiting a fund raiser
iv New Village Sign – updates (as and when available)

13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING TUESDAY 16TH JANUARY 2024

Original signed
J Haste 14th December 2023